C10: Narrowing the Gap of Differential Attainment – Bringing Research into Practice
Dr Mumtaz Patel
Prof Jane Mamelok
Ms Jane Cannon
Prof Subodh Dave
Mrs Janet Allison
Mr Liam Jenkins
Dr Madelena Stauss
- Inform participants of current Differential Attainment (DA) research and how this can be applied in practice.
- Describe a strategic stepwise approach to address DA at a programmatic, cross-specialty level focused on early identification and interventions.
- Present formal evaluation of targeted interventions in 3 core training programmes and its impact on educational outcomes and trainee experience.
- Presents our cross-collaborative DA research (HEE/GMC/colleges)
- Explores impact of our programmatic cross-specialty approach focusing on earlier identification and interventions to improve educational outcomes.
- Evaluates 3 core-training programmes (Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry).
- Presents a strategic multi-level approach with targeted trainee and trainer interventions providing personalized support for trainees.
Session hosted by:
Health Education England
Educational management and leadership
Target audience group:
Nurses, midwives and allied health professionals
Target care sector: