D3: Global Women Health Leaders – Unleashing their Potential
- Raise awareness of the research and scale of the challenge around the gender leadership gap globally.
- To understand barriers, including intersectionality and enablers which impact on women entering into senior leadership positions.
- Provide framework of potential early interventions to narrow the gender leadership gap and improve outcomes globally.
Women represent >70% of global health workforce but <25% are senior leaders and <15% senior academics.
This disparity negatively impacts health outcomes for women and children worldwide.
- Summarises current research around Global Health leadership.
- Explores strategies to address this – global perspectives.
- Provides approaches to narrow gap and improve outcomes.
Session hosted by:
Royal College of Physicians, London
Educational management and leadership
Target audience group:
Nurses, midwives and allied health professionals
Target care sector: