The DEMEC planning committee is delighted that for the 4th time, the leading organisations in medical education and training across the UK have come together to provide a unique and high quality joint national UK Medical Education conference in December 2021.
The last three conferences have provided an exceptional opportunity for clinicians involved in healthcare education and training to learn, share best practice and drive current thinking in the field of medical education and training, meeting in a single conference with expertise from all. Parallel submissions this year exceeded previous numbers by 20% and shows how increasingly relevant DEMEC is for those involved in education and training. It is the Medical education conference to present at.
The conference programme has now been finalised. We have a wide range of sessions and as another first for UK Medical Education we are running the conference both virtually and face to face, catering for all needs.
Our internationally renowned speakers and handpicked programme and will provide delegates with the ideas and information to enable improvement and innovation in their educational practice. More importantly it allows us to consider how we support in difficult times, and times of transition, continuing the spirit of collaboration seen in the NHS as we continue to deal with COVOD 19 as clinicians and educators.
We strive, through this, to support and develop the educational leaders of today and tomorrow.
At a time of change, risks and opportunities, with a recognised need for collaboration across traditional boundaries, this conference will inspire and motivate you as you learn with and link you to your peers across the country.
Keeping the DEMEC community covid secure
DEMEC’s planning committee representing all the stakeholders wish to ensure that for those attending in person in December that DEMEC will take place in a covid secure environment.
DEMEC will be working together with Manchester Central to provide a covid safe environment throughout the DEMEC conference.
DEMEC will follow safe best practice and government guidance and will continually review attendance requirements based on available information.
To help keep our educational community safe, and those working on behalf of the venue and other suppliers, currently we plan to ask in person attendees to:
- Show proof of double vaccine certification through the NHS app (this can be either on your smartphone or printed as a PDF)
- Undertake a daily lateral flow test and show results on daily entry to the venue
- Continue to wear a mask during your time in Manchester Central
- Wash hands regularly
- Adhere to the social distancing guidance in place at the time
We appreciate that some attendees may be exempt from the above.
Is DEMEC for me?
DEMEC welcomes everyone involved in medical education including:
- all those involved in medical education and training at postgraduate and undergraduate level
- those involved in CPD in medicine
- those interested in integrated training
- medical students or trainees interested in medical education and postgraduate training
- nurses, midwives and allied health professionals interested in inter-professional learning
- policy makers
DEMEC 2019 stats
- 1200 attendees across two days
- plenary talks
- 56 parallel sessions
- over 170 posters presented
- 5,000 tweets.
“Outstanding content, it added to my knowledge and experience”
“Fantastic conference – I came away with many ideas to consider and implement changes”
“Very valuable addition to my educational knowledge – even those areas with which I was already familiar revised my perspective for the better”